August 12 - August 18 2018

We let the Little Atwells color on the fridge with a dry erase marker...don't ask why. Maylee was so proud and shocked. Those circles on the bottom with lines through them are bees. Love this girl!



Our official Atwell ancestor book! We are so excited to get started on this! We are going to rewrite our ancestor's stories into children's stories and record them in this book on the left side. On the right side, once the Little Atwells are old enough, we will let them illustrate the stories. Maylee always asks to hear her ancestor's stories:)





Dalton yelled at Eleanor which made her sad. I pulled Dalton aside and asked if he remembered when Maylee yelled at him. He did, so I asked if that made him feel scared and sad. He said it did. I told him that is how Eleanor is feeling. That's all I had to say before I watched him go over to her and give her his blanket. My children love their blankets and don't ever ever share them. This was huge and showed me just how much he cares for his sisters. Love him!


Spaghetti night/bath night:)




Post dinner walk one evening. We ran into a cat and our children were so excited!























At mom and dad's dentist appointment. No cavities! Yay! They got to watch movies while they waited.




I nursed Eleanor once my appointment was over. She poked her head out of the cover and it cracked me up! This is what nursing a 2 and a half year old looks like!



Daniel's work team went glow-in-the-dark mini golfing one day during work. This is what he looked like in his work attire. Ha!


After that, they went and got cupcakes. He took a pic to show me how cute this place was. He also brought home some cupcakes for the Little Atwells and I. :)


The Little Atwells also had dentist appointments this week. The night before their appointment Daniel told me he read in on of my many parenting books that role playing is a good way to get children ready for things that might be kind of scary. He ran to their room with them and proceeded to role play with their minnie mouse toys what would happen at the dentist. It seriously helped!







The day of their appointments, we lucked out and got to watch a little foster baby. It was so fun! Our children were obsessed with the little guy. Unfortunately, I can't show pictures of his face. He was dropped off in the morning before anyone woke up. I snuggled and talked to him for about an hour and then heard Eleanor wake up. I went in her room and put the baby right on her lap. She grabbed him and was so sweet with him! She held him, with my help, for a while! I finally got her out of her crib and put the baby on the floor in the middle of her room. We both sat by him and just smiled and laughed at how cute he was! Eleanor heard Daniel getting up and ran into our room. She told Daniel that there was a baby boy in her room. Daniel is pretty set on not having any more children and wasn't really looking forward to watching a newborn on such a busy day! He finally followed Eleanor into her room to see the baby, and it was the funniest thing. The second he saw the baby, his demeanor completely changed. He melted into a puddle right before my eyes. He looked at me and said, "Emma..." with a look that said, "I want another baby!". I still don't think that will happen, but man that baby sure made it tempting!

On our way to the Little Atwell's dentist appointment. 





Daniel doing the thing he loves most: snuggling sleeping newborns:)





Maylee read him her favorite book. It's so cute hearing her say, "Itchy itchy ichabod, i i i." :)


Dalton loved this little guy and kept saying, "I love my baby brother!"





Maylee had a cavity right in the middle of her front two teeth. They couldn't get to it without her freaking out so we decided to go ahead and do the silver fluoride treatment. So now she has a black spot between her front teeth. But she's handling it like a champ! Good thing it's just her baby teeth! We found this selfie on Daniel's phone and thought it was so funny!


Our kitchen after we put up the backsplash! The before pictures are here. Now we just need to repaint the cabinets and update the appliances! So exciting to see it all come together.










We love you Little Atwells!

Comments

Popular Posts